Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cold Again :(

Unfortunately I had to drive back home on Sunday afternoon to go to work yesterday. It always feels so liberating when I get to go nude outdoors for the first time each year, especially when I get to do it in an environment that allows me to stay that way for 24 hours or more.

Saturday was a beautiful day at the cabin--the weather was sunny and temperatures were in the low 80's most of the day. Sunday wasn't quite as nice--it rained a bit and temperatures stayed in the low 70's--but it wasn't enough for me to put my clothes back on, at least not until it was time to go back out in public again. Luckily I did most of my outdoor chores on Saturday, soaking up the sun, and held off on the indoor spring cleaning for Sunday.

When I heard that the temperature on Monday was going to exceed records, it was time to dig out the sundresses. I opted to wear a maroon halter dress to work yesterday and I was happy I did, since we still don't have the A/C on at work and temps reached 93 yesterday afternoon. Unlike with some of my sundresses, a halter or strapless bra won't show with this one, but that didn't stop me from going braless (or pantiless) anyway.

Anyone who knows me knows that my summer dress code generally consists of nothing more than a sundress and honestly I was kind of hoping that I could put away the rest of my clothes for the next few moths after yesterday. Unfortunately today is rainy and cold again. Today it was back to leggings and a (mostly) butt-covering, long-sleeved shirt today. Of course it all came off as soon as I got home tonight.

One side note from yesterday. I live near a college campus and drive through it to get home from work. Last night I met friends at a restaurant near the campus for dinner. Since I had some time, I decided to walk around the campus for a while before I met my friends. I love people watching, so that's what I did. One thing that I noticed was that several of the women I saw wearing strappy tops and dresses appeared to be braless. Could this be a forthcoming trend for this summer or is it just a reaction to the sudden weather? Whatever it may be, the natural look is definitely better than the visible bra strap look, so lets hope it catches on.

No comments: