Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter at the cabin

I had the day off on Friday, so I decided to sleep in. I woke up at around 9:00 and, finding it kind of warm in my apartment, I checked the thermometer to see the temperature. It was already 75 degrees. I hopped in the shower and by the time I got out the temperature had alrady climbed to 80.

I didn't have any plans for Easter. I'm not really close to most of my family and, while in the past I've spent Easter with my former roommate's family, she was spending it with her fiance this year. Looking at how nice the weekend would be, I decided it would be the perfect oppertunity to go up to the cabin.

I quickly packed a few things and then wrapped a sarong around my naked body and slipped on some flip flops. I didn't pack any additional clothes as I knew I wouldn't need them.

I discovered sarongs at a beachside art festival last summer. I had know about them before, of course, but I just never thought to buy one. A vendor at the fair was selling them and demonstrated how to tie them for me and I had to buy a couple. Sarongs are the perfect nudist-wear. There is something about just wearing a rectangle of fabric that feels so good. Then, with just a quick pull on a knot, your naked. Nudist courtesy dictates that you always have something between you and what you sit on and sarongs come in perfect here as well.

I got on the road shortly before noon. I stopped en route at a grocery store and bought a few items I'd need for the weekend, including a ham steak, some new potatoes, and carrots so I could whip up a quick Easter dinner for myself before returning home.

I got to the cabin late in the afternoon and quickly removed my sarong and threw in on the seat of my car. I then spread on the sunscreen (I haven't been tanning, so I didn't have a base tan built up yet) and set out to do some outdoor chores before it got dark--cleaning up sticks and leaves that fell over the winter and whatnot. When it got too dark to see outside, I moved on to cleaning the inside of the cabin. I wanted to get all of the chores done on Friday so I could relax all day Saturday (and I was successful).

I got up on Saturday morning and took an outdoor shower. Then I put on some more sunscreen, toasted a bagel, and spent the next few hours just laying in the sun reading a book. The temperature was about 75 with a gentle breeze that felt great blowing across my naked body.

After lunch I decided to take my new (Christmas present to myself) kayak out for a spin on the lake. As I think I've mentioned before, the lake on which my cabin sits is mostly wooded with only a couple of other cabins along it. Motorized craft are not allowed on it and, since there is very limited access, very few people use it. During the summer I swim naked in the lake all the time, but there was something about being out of the water, more exposed, that I haven't felt before. I felt a bit nervous, even though I pretty much knew no one would see me, but I felt thrilled at the same time.

On Sunday I threw my ham steak on the grill and cooked up the rest of my food to create a makeshift Easter dinner for one. Then I reluctantly packed up my stuff and got ready to head back home. Not wanting to get dressed too soon, I drove to the end of my cabin's driveway, got out, and stood in the middle of the dead end street before wraping myself back up in the sarong.

This entire week I am in the office--something that hasn't happened in quite a while. That means that I can dress casually for work for a change. Today I opted for a denim miniskirt and a white cami tank. I didn't think much of the few sprinkles of rain that were falling when I left my house, but the rain got progressively heavier as I got closer to work. I didn't have an umbrella in my car so, as you might imagine, I wasn't leaving much to my co-workers imagination when I got in to my office this morning. Oh well!

No comments: