Saturday, March 27, 2010

Naked Dream

I had a dream last night that I was walking around a place I used to work wearing only a shirt. Anyone who reads my blog knows that that isn't much of a stretch, as I frequently wear little more than that to my current place of employment, but the dress code at this other place was much more strict. The shirt I was wearing only came down to my waist, too, meaning that everything "below the belt" was on display for all to see.

The weird thing about this dream was that I interacted with several people with whom I used to work, many of whom were very set-in-their-ways, close-to-retirement, conservative businesspeople, but no one seemed to notice or care that I wasn't wearing pants.

I, on the other hand, was very aware of my lack of clothing, but unlike the naked dreams of my childhood, I wasn't scared or shy about it. I just went about my way, confident and secure, much like I am everyday at work.

Then I woke up to find myself in my bed with nothing on at all. And realizing that it was Saturday, I knew I'd be able to stay that way most of the day.

I do have plans to go out this evening, so I will have to put some clothes on in a little while. It is pretty nice outside, though, so I'm thinking pants my be an option I do without tonight. I'll just wear something a bit longer. Though my ex-coworkers didn't seem offended by my choice of dress in the dream, I'm thinking that the general public probably won't react the same way in real life.

No comments: