Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sundresses

I had a coworker (male) comment on how much time I must spend getting ready in the morning because I always look so good (and no, it wasn't in a flirty kind of way, it was genuine). The funny thing is that I really don't spend much time getting ready at all. I basically get up in the morning and shower. I quickly blow my hair dry and then run it through a curling iron to give it a bit of body and put it up in a clip or pony tail. I put on a tiny bit of makeup and then I eat breakfast. Then, just before I'm ready to leave, I get dressed (if it isn't already obvious, I'm naked up until this point). Since it is now summer and I am basically in "sundress mode," getting dressed literally takes me about 20 seconds. I couldn't help but wonder what this coworker would think if he knew that there was absolutely nothing under my dress that day!

I absolutely love sundresses and, if I can't be naked, a sundress would be my first choice of outfit. I probably own at least 20 sundresses--everything from $20 Old Navy swimsuit coverups to $100+ designer dresses. I've got them in strapless, spaghetti strap, and halter styles--and even a conservative, high-neckline, full-shoulder dress. Lengths run from full-length to almost-too-short. Regardless of style, sundresses are feminine, flirty, and sexy--and they always turn heads. They're cool and comfortable on hot days, especially if you don't wear anything under them. And they are easy to take off when you're finally able to be naked again!

No comments: