Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

Ahhh, Memorial Day...the unofficial start of summer. This year I decided to have a few old friends up to the cabin for a nudist weekend. The weather was perfect and the bugs weren't as bad as I thought they'd be (the last time I was up at the cabin, a few weeks ago, the normal springtime black flies were starting to come out in force; they seem to be past already).

Not only was the weather perfect this weekend, but it was the first time since probably October since I've participated in any kind of social nudity. It felt great to be outside enjoying the nice weather with like-minded friends and not a stitch of clothing to be seen most of the weekend. The sun was out the entire weekend and, with temperatures around 83 degrees, it was the perfect weather to be naked. The lake is still too cold for swimming, but it was a perfect weekend for lying out in the sun with a margarita or doing a little kayaking around the lake. We topped the weekend off with a cookout and clam bake on Monday afternoon. I absolutely love steamed clams and the ones we had were absolutely perfect.

We did have one surprise this weekend. As I think I've said before, the cabin I own was an old summer camp that my grandfather bought cheap when the camp went defunct. It sits on a like with only one or two more properties which are rarely used, so the property is perfect for nudity. There is public access to the lake on the opposite site from my property, but since motor craft are prohibited from the lake, it is rarely used. I've occasionally seen canoeists and kayakers on the lake, but they are few and far between. This weekend, though, we got a couple of teenagers that discovered us. To their credit, they were probably just out for a little canoeing, unaware of the party going on at my place, but when they discovered us they kind of hung out, at a distance, pretending to fish. After they didn't move for a while, one of my guy friends decided to kayak out to them--stark naked, of course--and invite them to our cookout. It was kind of funny to listen (we were close enough to them to hear most of the conversation) as they stuttered in response to my friend's invitation. As he paddled away he said "well, we have plenty of food if you change your minds." They were gone before my friend got back to my dock!

No comments: